Different Avenues and Job Prospects After Completion of Under Graduate (B. Pharm) & Post Graduate Degree in Pharmaceutical Technology
In the modern day technological world the international thrust area has been declared mainly in three subjects :-
- i) Drugs & Pharmaceuticals
- ii) Information Technology
- iii) Bio-Technology & Bio-Technological Medicine
The Pharmaceutical Technologists are the key persons for Production, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Product Management, Formulation Development and Drug Design of pharmaceuticals. They are mainly absorbed in different Multi National Company (MNC) and Indian pharmaceutical as well as cosmetic industries. The avenues are as follows :
- 1. IN PLANT / MANUFACTURING
(Both in Drug & Cosmetic Industries)
- ii) Quality Control
- iii) Quality Assurance
- iv) Regulatory affairs and Validation
- v) Research & Product Development (R & D Section)
- vi) Packaging Development
- vii) Purchase and Inventory Management
- viii) Production and Marketing Planning, etc.
- 2.ADMINISTRATION IN DRUG CONTROL
Drug Control Officer to Director of Drug Control Administration
- i) Under the Directorate of Drug Control of State Govt.
- ii) Under the Directorate of Drug Control of Central Govt.
- iii) Pharmaco-vigilence
- 3. RESEARCH WING
Scientists and scientific officer to director
- i) Central Drug Laboratories of Central Govt.
- ii) State Drug Laboratories of State Govts.
- iii) Research Institute of C.S.I.R., I.C.M.R., N.I.S.E.D. etc.
- 4. TEACHING IN DIPLOMA COLLEGES
- 5. MARKETING
Marketing jobs in different pharmaceutical houses as Marketing Executives to All India Marketing Managers.
- 6. HOSPITAL & CLINICAL PHARMACY DIVISION
- 7. RESEARCH
In new Formulation Development, Product development and Drug Designs In Pharmaceutical, Cosmetic Industries and Clinical Research Organisations (C.R.O.).
- 8. DEFENCE
Scientists and Executives
- 9. FURTHER STUDIES
After qualifying GATE Exam. or All India Competitive Exam.
- i) Master in Pharmaceutical Technology ( M. Pharm ) in different Specialisations
- ii) Master in Bio-Technology
- iii) Master in Bio-Medical Engineering
- iv) Master in Business Administration (MBA)
- v) Combined Civil Service Examination etc.
- i) Research & Development in Multi-national and Indian Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Technology industries and Clinical Research Organisations (C.R.O.)
- ii) Product planning and formulation design
- iii)Product Management
- iv)College and University teaching
- v)Import and Export quality control management
- vi) Scientists in CSIR, ICMR, N.I.S.E.D., D.S.T., UGC etc etc.
One can start his / her own Pharmaceutical & Cosmetic Industry with B. Pharm / M. Pharm degree
- 11. HIGHER STUDIES AND JOBS IN ABROAD
Every year a good number of students with B. Pharm/M. Pharm background are going to abroad and well-accepted in different countries like USA, Canada, Gulf Countries, Australia, England etc. for their higher studies and jobs in pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries, hospitals (in clinical pharmacy wing) and Universities for teaching and research.